Root Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE The official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (XXUAMDM) firmware for the worldwide LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) was launch ed a few days back. At the moment, the brand new firmware is out there for download from the Samsung Kies.
Samsung Galaxy S4
The official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (XXUAMDM) firmware for the worldwide LTE model of the Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) was launched a few days back. This is the best way to root the handset operating on the newest firmware.
The users of the newest Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE, with the model quantity GT-I9505, also can install the new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on their units with the assistance of a manual process. For extra particulars on the installation procedure, click here.
After putting in the official XXUAMDM Jelly Bean firmware on their Galaxy S4 LTE, the following thing most users want to perform on the gadget is to root it to have a full control over it. Rooting the handset will also allow users to run customized ROMs on it in future.
Here’s a tutorial, provided by Team Android, showing how to root the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) with XXUAMDM Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware using Odin. Since this method is not firmware dependent, it is claimed to work with all future Android updates as well.
Users must keep in mind that rooting the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware (XXUAMDM) on the Galaxy S4 will void the device’s warranty. However, users can reclaim the warranty by applying the official firmware update again.
Take a look at some more important aspects to keep in mind before trying out the rooting process:
- Users must have proper backups for personal data, apps and settings
- The process is meant only for Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT- I9505), which is the LTE version of the handset with Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-Core CPU
- The device should have at least 80 percent of battery life
- USB Driver must be installed for Galaxy S4 in your computer with USB Debugging enabled
Note: IBTimes cannot be held responsible for anything that goes wrong. Users should proceed at their own risk.
Step 1: Download CF-Auto-Root Android 4.2.2 Package and extract the zip file.
Step 2: Download Odin v3.07 and extract the file.
Step 3: Turn off the handset and go to Download Mode on your phone. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button. After you see a warning screen, press Power button to confirm to enter the Download Mode.
Step 4: Run Odin as Administrator and connect the handset to the computer via USB cable while in the Download Mode.
Step 5: If the phone is connected properly, you will see “Added” message in Odin. You will also see ID: COM port with a number in Yellow.
Step 6: Click the PDA button in Odin and select the file “CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip” that you have downloaded in Step 1.
Step 7: In Odin, check the “Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time” options.
Step 8: Click on the START button in Odin to start flashing.
Step 9: After the flashing is complete, you will see a PASS message with a green background in the left-most box at the top of the Odin. The Galaxy S4 will restart automatically. Once you see the home screen, you can unplug the phone from the computer.
- Download Software to Check your Website’s Status update
- How website mysteriously goes offline
- Adds Opt-Out Bloatware to Software Installers free download
- How to Edit your Pictures with Funny Effects Online Best Websites
- How to Install WhatsApp Messenger On PC Computer
- Trick How to mark a podcast as already played with the Podcasts app for iPhone and iPad
- Trick Ubuntu Mobile UI on Android Smartphones